InstantCrypt is an
encryption program using the Open PGP
standard to send and receive secure email (end-to-end
InstantCrypt connects easily to your previously installed email or Web mail.
For those who...
No need to change or fiddle with your previously installed email. Works with:
Windows 7, Windows Vista,
Windows 8: not tried. I am confident it works, as Microsoft made Windows 8 compatible to Windows 7. Whoever tries it first: send me an e-mail!
(Apple and Linux, please check here for a compatible program.)
Every time you want to send encrypted mail:
1) You write your e-mail (text and attachments) in
InstantCrypt instead of your e-mail program.
2) You click "Encrypt" and see the encrypted message in InstantCrypt.
3) You click "Mail" and import the message into you default e-mail program or open your web mail.
4) You send how you would always send your mail.
Every time you receive encrypted mail:
1) You receive encrypted mail in your regular
2) Your transfer the message (text and attachments) into InstantCrypt by copy/paste or drag-drop.
3) You click "Decrypt" and read the message in InstantCrypt.
For this to work you must have created your own encryption key - InstantCrypt does that for you - and completed the key exchange. The person with whom you exchange secure e-mail also needs one of the many OpenPGP programs. (Point them to InstantCrypt!)
Compare this to a fully integrated encryption environment:
1) Much less installation effort
than building a fully integrated encryption environment.
2) Good learning environment, because you see what you do.
3) Easy to uninstall if you do not like it.
4) A little more effort every time you enrypt/decrypt.
InstantCrypt: Secure email with OpenPGP encryption